Wednesday 23 July 2014

The Digital Reader

The Digital Reader


Who’s up for an eBook Bundle? How About Three?

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 03:35 PM PDT

If you’re in the market to buy a lot of ebooks right away then I have some good news for you. No fewer than three different bundles crossed my desk in the past day. I don’t normally write about all of the ebook bundle offers I get, but...

{ This is an excerpt. Visit my site to read the rest. }

Amazon Fire Phone Review Roundup

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 01:44 PM PDT

Amazon’s first smartphone starts arriving tomorrow, and late last night the gags were removed from all of the early reviews. All of the major tech and business blogs got a Fire Phone, resulting in an excess of reviews. I’m still working...

{ This is an excerpt. Visit my site to read the rest. }

So Kindle Unlimited Gives Traditionally Published Books an Advantage – What Else is New?

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 11:13 AM PDT

Kindle Unlimited may have only launched on Friday but it’s already having an affect on the Kindle Store rankings. A check of the Kindle Store “paid” best seller list this morning has revealed that 45 of the top 100 titles on the...

{ This is an excerpt. Visit my site to read the rest. }

Google Chromebooks are Outselling Apple iPads in the Educational Market

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 08:20 AM PDT

Apple released their annual report last night, and mixed in with the generally good news were a few misleading statistics. With revenues of $37.4 billion for the June quarter, Apple generated a profit of $7.7 billion dollars. Apple sold 35.2 million...

{ This is an excerpt. Visit my site to read the rest. }

Rumor: Comixology to Offer a DRM-free Comics Option

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 05:59 AM PDT

There’s a rumor going around this week Comixology, the digital comics distributor Amazon acquired in April, will soon let publishers offer DRM-free comics. Bleeding Cool is citing unnamed sources and reporting: I am hearing rumours from comic...

{ This is an excerpt. Visit my site to read the rest. }

No comments:

Post a Comment